Old December 9th 16, 04:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Caldwell (BC)

Default Advice on motor glider wanted - FES - Jet - Engine

On Friday, December 9, 2016 at 7:00:05 AM UTC-7, J W wrote:
Seeking advice for a cheapish motor glider but a good investment is
more important.

Was considering the newer types like the 13.5 metre Mini LAK, Silent 2
and HPH Shark.

Concerned that there are very few registered and certified in the UK so
may not be a good investment?

Like the idea of short span, low weight, carbon fibre construction as I’m

not so young and will be flying from rough grass strips. Fly for fun and
not in to competitions.

Would consider electric sustainer but think an engine or jet will be
preferable for range, allowing time to explore mountains and wave.

Suggestions welcomed, Thanks.

I have a 2005 Ventus 2cxT 15/18 meter for sale with sustainer a engine. Very well equipped and in excellent condition. Reply if interested to rcaldwell at ponderosa-assoc dot com and I can send details and photos.