Old December 9th 16, 11:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
J W[_2_]

Default Advice on motor glider wanted - FES - Jet - Engine

At 22:37 09 December 2016, wrote:
On Friday, December 9, 2016 at 7:00:05 AM UTC-7, J W wrote:
Seeking advice for a cheapish motor glider but a good investment

is=20
more important.
=20
Was considering the newer types like the 13.5 metre Mini LAK, Silent

2=20
and HPH Shark.
=20
Concerned that there are very few registered and certified in the UK

so=
=20
may not be a good investment?
=20
Like the idea of short span, low weight, carbon fibre construction as

I=
=E2=80=99m
=20
not so young and will be flying from rough grass strips. Fly for fun

and=
=20
not in to competitions.
=20
Would consider electric sustainer but think an engine or jet will

be=20
preferable for range, allowing time to explore mountains and wave.
=20
Suggestions welcomed, Thanks.

I think a Silent 2 Electro, 13.5m electric self-launcher would meet your
ne=
eds well. Or, just buy Bob's Ventus 2cxT, I can vouch that it is in
meticul=
ous condition!

Charlie

Thanks for the positive comment Charlie. Would have a look at Bob's but
don't think he is in the UK?