Old January 11th 10, 08:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

Default Global Warming/Climate Change (was contrails)

On Jan 11, 4:39*pm, Eric Greenwell wrote:
"Only 19 percent of the ice cover was over 2 years old, the least in the
satellite record and far below the 1981-2000 average of 52 percent."

I don't know about you, but it seems clear to me that if ice was at
the lowest level ever two years ago and has since staged a huge
recovery, then saying that 81% of the the ice cover is less than two
years old doesn't actually add any new information and certainly is
not bad news.