Old February 12th 10, 01:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brian Whatcott

Default contrails

Tom Gardner wrote:
On the micro-climate scale, people round here are glad of a
winter cold spell - to extinguish the noxious pests, if only temporarily.
Brian W-...

I was looking forward some nice Mediterranean type weather for the UK
by now, due to global warming. In practice it seems to be colder
wetter and snowier. What went wrong?
Derek Copeland

I was shocked when somebody showed me that the UK is approximately on
Siberian latitudes, so that there is supposed to be some warm flow that
keeps it bearable

That would be the Gulf Stream.
rj

I don't argue with the naming of the warm Northward current, I argue
with the idea that the climate is bearable! :-)

Brian W

ObJoke: we don't have climate, we have weather!

... the variability of which makes us acutely sensitive
to changes. ... and is the reason why "the weather" is a standard
conversation topic amongst the British

Ha! You said it.