Old February 26th 04, 10:15 PM
Elmshoot

How about structural. As I said, it has to fly. Fighters and Missiles go
straight up. The B-1 is Fuge. The larger the bird, the less structural
punishment it can take. When the fighter goes vertical, it's airframe can
handle the pressures. Now, put enough thrust for it do sustain it more than
a few seconds and not stall then chances are, something will break.

I'm with Pugs on this one. The Bone will go verticle. It should be able to do a
lovely Nuke toss (1/2 cuban eight) which I'll bet the next round it was
designed to do. I have read that if you max it out with bombs it can't take off
with full fuel and gets topped off when airborne. But Yes I'm sure some Natops
type in the AF said the verticl is too scary for the averege guy. It could all
be done at 3 g's and push over at 0 g or less if that is what it takes but it
could handle the stree maybe not the stick actuator (pilot).
Sparky