Old August 26th 04, 02:56 PM
JDupre5762

I am thinking about buying a project with the 5 cyl Radial Ken-Royce 90
engine. It has the oiled rocker arms. What can I expect out of it as for
as maintence required and time between working on it. Would like to fly it
and it be some what dependable. Can anybody give what I should
expect?

I am no expert but I would think that maintenance would be a lot higher than
the opposed engines today. There is a Rearwin club that I believe owns most of
the surviving stock of the old KenRoyce engine company. Ken and Royce Rearwin
were the sons of the founder of Rearwin Aircraft who bought the old LeBlond
engine company. There must also be a few people who specialize in overhaul of
these engines. The Rearwin club would know them.

John Dupre'