Old February 14th 06, 07:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Graphical NOTAMs (not just TFRs)

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net wrote in message
Go visit the Microsoft's Beta newsgroup for IE7. I'm not alone with the
issues.

When you distribute a program to millions of people, there are bound to be
issues that are discovered. That is the whole point of a beta. Duh.

But there's a different between reality and your characterization of the
situation.

It seems that the religious fanatic tag might be placed on someone that
got that worked up over someone questioning the workings of a Beta
program.

That's true. If there were someone around here simply "questioning the
workings of a Beta program", then that might be relevant.

Look Peter, I'm not trying to knock MS or IE7. I tried the Beta version on
two different computers both of which are well above the minimum system
requirements and one of which is specifically kept clean to test new
software on. The browser failed within the first 5 minutes of use on both
machines.

This sort of surprised me because MS usually has software much further along
before they open beta it.

Then a poster on this newsgroups chimes in that he is having problems with a
web site and is running IE 7 and I mentioned that his problem might be in
the software and not in the site.

You are now acting like I have some personal issue with MS and IE. Well, I
don't and you need to chill.