Old March 18th 07, 02:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

Default Piper Pawnee flying characteristics

I have plenty of time in Pawnee 150 and 235 version, if you can fly a super
cub you'll have no problem with the Pawnee....actually, IMHO easier to fly
than a cub.....Pawnee is a real teddy BEAR....lots of power (don't know the
180 version personally) plenty of drag and weight so it also comes down and
"arrives" lands without floating.....180 would have come from the 150HP
version so it is overall smaller and lighter than the more typical 235 HP
version and even nicer to fly...shorter hood so not as "unusual" to look
over the nose.....just make sure you fly it all the way down...it won't
float like a cub...but you'll find it very nice to fly, sort of like your
grandpa's farm tractor!
tim

Please visit the Wings & Wheels website at www.wingsandwheels.com

"Mike A" wrote in message
HelloIn a couple of weeks I hope to transition from a 180 HP Super Cub to
our clubs only Piper Pawnee. Would just like a heads up from you guys on a
couple of things.Are there specific things to look for?How does she
handle?Any tips on flying her?How about strong crosswinds?Like I said just
looking for a heads up...Thank youMA

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.