Old August 22nd 07, 04:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default Towing glider trailers with a VW Jetta Wagon?

J a c k wrote:
Allan wrote:

Not the least of
those is that you will be expected to keep up with the rest of us who
ARE driving the 5.0 L models and who are relatively unperturbed by
either stop-and-go traffic or rising terrain.

I don't think that's really an issue, as there are plenty of trucks that
will be much slower off the mark or up the hill. Not to mention people
like me, with a motorhome and a heavier trailer, that have even less
power compared to the weight. If it's a four lane highway, the faster
vehicles can pass; if it's a two lane road where it's hard to pass, pull
over when you've collected a few cars behind you so they can get on
their way.

The real concern is the stability of the car and trailer at the speeds
you will tow. Probably talking to other people already doing it the best
way to learn about that.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA
* "Transponders in Sailplanes" http://tinyurl.com/y739x4