Old May 4th 20, 10:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Bailout and survival kit

I have a 'chute by Paraphernalia, in Arlington, WA. It has a small built in pouch at the base for survival equipment. Mine contains an aircraft radio with two sets of batteries, strobe with two sets of batteries, knife, compass, signal mirror, whistle, battery to recharge my cell phone, fire starter, stitching tool, paper, pen, and some cash.

I am considering replacing the radio with a Garmin InReach Mini.

My soaring clothes have zipped pockets. The cell phone goes in one, the wallet in another. Too much of a pain to take them in and out of the survival pouch.

The Spot is bolted in the nose of the glider forward of the rudder pedals.

P9