Old May 5th 20, 03:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Duster[_2_]

Default Bailout and survival kit

For my Softie rig, the vest pockets would be inaccessible/bulky. However, the large space between my sheepskin and parachute forms a huge pouch that can be filled with lots of bailout items without being uncomfortable. I carry an old, thin flip-phone that the law mandates can still be used to call 911, a CD for mirror signalling, space-blanket, etc, plus a small SPOT. Before flight, I chill several small 4oz water-pouches (12 for $4.00 @ https://www.moreprepared.com/sos-eme...ng-water-pouch) and are sterile for wound irrigation (5 year shelf-life). Dehydrated water is even lighter! Don't forget that water ballast is available if you land near the glider.