Old August 3rd 20, 09:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Super Cub Tow Release Position Improvement

When I towed at the AF Academy back in the 80’s, Dave Johnson had the tow release mounted on the panel right in front of the throttle. He used a small piece of square tubing inside a larger piece which was attracted to the panel. Another small piece was welded to the smaller one to make a T handle. I think the cable was routed through some kind of tubing (plastic?) back to the POS Schwiezer hitch on the tail. I always kept my fingers on the T handle and the butt of my hand on the throttle. Sorry, but no pictures.