View Single Post
Old August 6th 20, 01:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Looks like you can buy a piece of Seminole

On Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 2:01:48 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Hi Walt. From another former tow pilot. Seminole was doing a rip-roaring business until covid-19 hit. There's money being made there. It's just not being spent where it should be.

Karen, Rip-roaring is a very subjective term. It was "sporadically" rip roaring while I was there but much of the time there was stagnation. "Capacity utilization" is a measurement capable of being applied to most businesses to determine success. Rip-roaring is nice if it is sustainable. I would define rip-roaring as meeting all the operational cost and throwing off significant profit to match or exceed other forms of investments. Yes, even the stock market has its ups and downs but over time it achieves an 11 percent ROI. Is SLGP doing that?

The fact that as you say the money is just not being spent where it should be is very telling. (Don't let Rich hear you say that) I had to get real with the owner to order a mixture cable two weeks after it was requested. When I asked the "girls" when we might expect delivery they told me they didn't order it. The reason was unacceptable to me. Neglect can lead to serious consequences.

Yes, SLGP has potential but it needs proper and professional management. You cant hamstring a manager and expect things to run smoothly. Clif was about as close to a perfect manager as you can get, knows the business, can do it all. Guys like that need to be retained and retention means paying the piper. One cannot be expected to "look the other way" all the time.

Walt