Old August 6th 20, 07:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Bailout and survival kit

I agree that any change you make to your equipment that might affect canopy ejection, bailout or ripcord actuation needs to be assessed. Practice all of the procedures regularly on the ground (except for actual parachute deployment, unless it is scheduled for a repack, in which case finding and pulling the handle is a good exercise in familiarization).

As I get older, I often put myself through rapid egress exercises on both sides of the cockpit to make sure my strength remains adequate for the task. And I commit to a fast reach for the ripcord handle with both hands prior to every flight.