Old January 31st 06, 06:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default I took the garbage out tonight

Won't your FBO take it? I just take mine to the mechanic and dump it in
his sump. He does not mind. Our local Wal-Mart received old engine oil
at no charge. I would suspect the quick change oil places would do the same.

Ross
KSWI

On 2006-01-31, john smith wrote:

I've got a few gallons of used oil in the hangar in buckets since I
don't drink enough milk to put it all out for recycling.

If those are polypropylene milk jugs, you don't want to leave them
sitting very long. Polypropylene absorbs oil and will disintegrate if
left in contact with each other.

Good to know. I actually have no milk jugs at all, so the oil is in
plastic buckets that originally held cat litter. It hadn't occured to
me to check for oil/plastic compatibility. The next vehicle I buy will
be suitable for hauling buckets of oil to somewhere I can dispose of it.