Old October 1st 03, 06:21 PM
Jeff

ouch....so 1500$ for the upgrade and xxx to have an avionics person
remove it and send it in.
WAAS isnt that important to me, the terrain data base would be nice to
have tho.

Dave Butler wrote:

Jeff wrote:

Thats alot more then I was quoted from my avionics shop, they said
500$ and they updated the software.

ArtP wrote:

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 18:18:38 -0700, Jeff wrote:

Right now I am considering it for my new plane, WAAS is not
something I need, but from what I understand from talking to my
avionics shop, all that is needed when the WAAS updates come out is
for you to take it to the shop and they will update the software in
it. No big deal, only takes a few minutes.
I dont see sales going down on the 430 or 530, they are really
good systems especially now since you can get the terrain data base
for it.

According to Garmin updating my dual GNS 430s for WAAS will cost $1500
per unit. They have to be removed and shipped to the factory.

Correct. Check this press release from Garmin:
http://www.garmin.com/pressroom/aviation/060403.html

Dave

Remove SHIRT to reply directly.