Old September 17th 17, 08:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default L-13 AMOC

On Friday, July 7, 2017 at 9:10:53 PM UTC-7, Frank Whiteley wrote:
http://www.ssa.org/GovernmentLiaison?show=blog&id=4431

Good news for anyone in the U.S. with a nice, fairly low time L-13! The AD&C mod has already been approved under the EASA (and consequently by Transport Canada) but I don't personally know anyone who has made their L-13 airworthy again under that procedure, likely because of the expense. Call me crazy (and I'm sure many glider pilots will) but an L-13 is one of the few gliders I would be willing to own in place of my ASW-15. An L-13 was the glider that first caught my heart and made me get off my ass and learn to fly. I love looks of them and the way they fly, even if they are usually noisy and are only 28:1 with a polar that gives them the glide angle of a crowbar at high speeds.