Old March 20th 04, 05:01 PM
SD

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 03:53:10 +0000 (UTC), Aaron Coolidge
wrote:

MRQB wrote:
: Hello, i would like to know how to remove the Cessna ARC NAV/COM 300 radio
: out of my 150? Ware are the screws bolts ect located? So I can take it in to
: be serviced or replaced it with a slide in replacement. I here it is simple
: to remove it, is it?

There's a small hole in the bottom center of the radio. You need a regular
screwdriver 1/16" wide by 12" long to reach the screw which is in the very
back of the radio. Unscrew the screw and pull the radio out of the dash.

More modern radios use a hex key (Allen wrench), and it does not have to be
as long as the ARC radios require.

We just had to take one of these radios out of a plane the other day
and instead of buying a screwdriver that would fit in that hole, we
took a coat hanger, cut about 10 inches of it. Bent about an inch
over to act as the handle and on the other end, put it in a vice to
flatten it so that it would fit into the slot of the screw. Worked
perfect!

SD