Old August 2nd 03, 06:53 PM
Mike Rapoport

Your cell phone is not education or training. You can deduct education and
training that relate to your current job but not for a new job. So training
for the instrument rating would be deductible for a pilot who uses an
airplane for business.travel. Training for a commercial certificate would
not be deductible since that is training for a different occupation. If
someone is a commercial pilot, then training for the ATP would be
deductible.

Mike
MU-2

"Martin Hotze" wrote in message
On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 13:03:24 -0400, G.R. Patterson III wrote:

Martin Hotze wrote:

hm. And if he goes for the commercial to have all the possible problems

out
of the way (or because FAA demands a CPL for this situation), can he

then
deduct the expenses for the training?

No. The education is not required for the job.

hm, my cell phone is not really a requirement for the job, but it helps
doing it - I can deduct it. So, reaching clients easier, quicker, ....

also
helps - maybe this qualifies for deducting, too.

#m

--
http://www.usawatch.org/ http://www.alternet.org/
Don't like your neighbor? - https://tips.fbi.gov/