Old December 31st 03, 12:58 AM

I recently did some shop and compare for supplies for an oil change. I
compared:

spruce www.aircraftspruce.com
chief www.chiefaircraft.com
wagaero www.wagaero.com

Overall, spruce had the best price (by about $10) for a case of aeroshell, a
ch48110 and some miscellaneous other stuff (some new plugs, safety wire,
etc). I ended up ordering from spruce but see below.

One annoying thing about spruce is that they don't include the shipping
price in the final total. They're usually not out of line, but I'd prefer
to see the whole price before I place the order. Conversely, wagaero tells
you the exact price before you complete the transaction. I never got far
enough through chief's process to find out how they do it.

Of the three, I think chief has the best web catalog although spruce isn't
bad. wag's online catalog is very difficult to browse with.

I've previously ordered from both spruce and wag and have never had any
problems (i.e. missing items, incorrect charges, etc).

cheers,
mark

"Ben Smith" wrote in message
For those that aero-shop online, where do you order your oil filters from?
It's time for me to stock up again... (I use CH48110's) TIA,

--
Ben
C-172 - N13258 @ 87Y