Old May 1st 05, 05:00 AM
RST Engineering

"BTIZ" wrote in message
news:Z4Oce.113$fI.16@fed1read05...

No Dumb Questions.. just hard to interpret Regs..

Nothing difficult at all. You simply need to READ them.

You are qualified for Airplane Single Engine Land... a Tomahawk is an
Airplane Single Engine Land..

And unless the Traumahawk is covered by one of the six execeptions of the
regulations, you are good to go. HOWEVER, it is clever to prove to yourself
that you don't fall into one of the exceptions.

any time you have hands on stick.. that is PIC..

That is absolutely not true. If I ask my kid to hold onto the wheel while I
find the extra batteries, that does NOT make her the PIC. PIC is not only a
state of mind, it is a legal definition. If you are a certificated pilot
and I ask you to fly along with me as the PIC, I can ask you to fly the
airplane from Sacramento to Salt Lake while I sleep and I am still the PIC.
No matter that you flew the whole route, I am the PIC and am responsible for
the flight. When the fit hits the shan, the determination will be made as
to who was the PIC. It is NOT necessarily the person with their hands on
the controls.

If you are under the hood and have a rated pilot acting as a safety pilot,
then all you need is his name..

I'm sure my CFI-I Betty wouldn't appreciate that comment.

any time you are flying with hands on stick, with or without the hood, you
are PIC,

Absolutely not true, as noted above.

any time you are under the hood, he may log PIC (acting pic) even
though he may never touch the stick.

Absolutely not true.

Jim