Old September 5th 10, 08:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
R[_3_]

Default Std Cirrus: Blue or Gray trim color ONLY!...why?

On 9/5/2010 7:24 AM, Scott Alexander wrote:
On my last annual, the IA showed me the AD's and a special note for
Standard Cirrus gliders that they can only have "light gray or blue
trim colors only." huh???

Is it just light blue and gray to which you are limited?
The US type certificate G23EU for the "STANDARD CIRRUS" includes other
light colors.
NOTE 3. All external portions of the glider exposed to sunlight must

be painted white. Registration and Competition
numbers must be painted blue-gray or in any other light colors.

This note's exact same verbiage is also found on other fiberglass makes
and models from the late 60's through 1980.
Is there a change to the STD CIRRUS TCDS someplace requiring "only" the
blue-gray or are you working from his interpretation of what a light
color should be? The last revision for the TCDS was June 3,1976.

G23EU:
http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_library/rgMakeModel.nsf/0/52ab636a446c519686256e5f00477449/$FILE/G23eu.PDF

Russ