Old July 25th 03, 02:51 AM
BRUCE FRANK

Adding a blast tube to direct fresh air onto the pumps helps.

Bruce A. Frank

"Rich S." wrote in message
"Andre" wrote in message
I have seen on the Great Plains Web site that they repeatedly recommend
using a fuel pump.
They also recommend putting the fuel pump between the Gascolator and the
Carb.
What happens if the fuel pump fails or loses power?
How much fuel pressure will the fuel pump add?
Won't the aditional fuel pressure possibly flood the carb?
How do I rig a return line to the fuel tank?
Why should a fuel pump be installed between the gascolator and carb?
Any Ideas?

Andre.........

An electric fuel pump shuts off when the fuel pressure rises to ~6 psig.

The
carb needle valve easily handles that much. If the fuel pump is downstream
of the gascolator, the gascolator isn't pressurized. This reduces the
possibility of a gascolator failure which could dump your fuel in a hurry.

It also means that the electric fuel pump is ahead of the firewall. This

is
both good and bad. In the event of a fuel leak in the cockpit, the pump
won't be helping to fill the footwell with gas. The bad part is the pump

is
exposed to engine heat. In the Sonerai, as in the RV's, I'd install the
electric pump at the tank outlet. Electric pumps push fuel much better

than
they pull it.

Just my opinion, tho.
Rich S.