Old December 30th 03, 02:06 AM
Michelle P

Default Pocket PC on the flight deck

Hi all,
I just read my latest Aviation Consumer and AOPA Pilot. I have been in
search of a backup option for my attitude indicator. I have inquired and
looked at the electric AIs. The responses were luke warm to the quality
of the AIs. If I am spending $2000 for an instrument I expect it to work
period.
The Articles could not have come at a better time. I love the idea of
spending a little more and getting a multi function system.
The mini/Micro efis's on the pocket pc seems like a great idea! I can
run moving map software and the EFIS at the same time as well as do some
pre-flight planning and get weather too!

The legal aspects are few. In an emergency the rule book is out the
window. so It can be use d to get you down if necessary.

Michelle
--

Michelle P ATP-ASEL, CP-AMEL, and AMT-A&P

"Elisabeth" a Maule M-7-235B (no two are alike)

Volunteer Pilot, Angel Flight Mid-Atlantic

Volunteer Builder, Habitat for Humanity