Old May 8th 05, 12:30 AM
Ken Reed

I'm looking for speed above all else. Second and third are fuel burn and
fuel capacity. I haven't decided which is #2 and which #3, however.

Endurance (as fuel burn/capacity) can be a big factor in overall speed.
A nonstop 800nm trip at 135kt takes only about 15 minutes longer than
a 800nm trip at 160kt with a fuel stop. If the fuel stop requires any
deviation from the route or an instrument approach the 135kt nonstop
might be faster.

The triad of speed, fuel burn and fuel capacity all tie together. Not
having to make the fuel stop is the best added speed there is. That's
kinda why I can't make one requirement #2 and the other #3; they're both
critical.

If you want airline-like dispatch rates it better include weather
capabilities like turbo, anti-icing, pressurization (or oxygen), etc.

It doesn't have to be to the level of the airlines. As I wrote, landing
and driving a few hours is acceptable as is landing and finishing the
trip commercially.

What is your recommendation, based on my stated needs ?
---
Ken Reed
http://www.dentalzzz.com