Old April 17th 08, 12:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
terry

Default Altimeter Question

On Apr 17, 9:30*pm, "Barry" wrote:
I am confused by this practice commercial nav question. ( at least I
am confused by the answer in the book which was b. but I think both a
and c are correct), but I appreciate some other opinions.

Day 1 Altimeter reads elevation of 1390 feet with 1013 HPa set on
subscale
* * * * ( thats equivalent to 29.92 inches of Hg for the US folks)
Day 2 Altimeter reads elevation of 1000 feet
Assuming the altimeter subscale was not changed between day 1 and day
2 it could be said that

a. The QNH is higher on day 2
b. The QNH is lower on day 2
c. The pressure altitude at the airport is lower on day 2
d. *The atmospheric pressure at the aerodrome has not changed.

I agree with you - answers a and c are both correct. *Day 2 QNH is about 1026.

Yep, thats what I get
Thanks