Old August 4th 15, 04:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default WTB 13.5 FES

On Tuesday, August 4, 2015 at 9:15:02 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Monday, August 3, 2015 at 5:00:35 AM UTC-7, Mike Rinaldi wrote:
Considering the purchase of a 13.5 FES. I believe the future for the electric self-launch is bright especially with the performance reports I'm reading. Any thoughts? What to buy?

I'm curious as to what the appeal is to a less than 15 meter glider. Not critizing, just asking an honest question. I get it if you want to race in that class, but are there other appealing factors that escape me? They are all 40:1, so it would be easy to find a slightly used glider for less than a new. Must be that you can get power options like FES and a reasonably good performing glider for a less than astronomical price?

Imagine ASW-20 performance with twice the roll rate and easier assembly. Oh, and FES. I think that's a very attractive mix.

-Evan Ludeman / T8