Old July 28th 03, 03:32 AM
Phillip

"Armitage Shanks" wrote in message
m...
Hi,

Once you're a qualified private pilot, where can you/can't you fly?
For instance, say I spot an interesting cloud formation. Can I just
take off, fly up to it, ascend the vertical walls of the cloud and fly
through its troughs and valleys in exploration of a formation that
will only ever occur once?

Can I hover 100 feet over a city, or next to a high-rise building?

The answers to these questions can very. It depends on what class airspace
you're in when it comes to clouds. Flying close to the ground can also
depend on where you are. In some cases, the rule is "Can you make an
emergency landing without endangering life or property?" If you can't,
you're too low.

In some places, you must maintain a certain altitude.

Get hooked up at a ground school. This is where these type of questions are
answered better. Or, get a home study course (The King video tape stuff
maybe).