Old January 31st 17, 01:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ND

Default Thoughts on panel upgrade?

On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 8:25:44 AM UTC-5, ND wrote:
On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 3:59:46 PM UTC-5, Paul wrote:
Thanks for all the input! I'm really glad to hear my vario should still be able to function OK (not hobbled by old pressure transducers or slow CPU).

My Kobo isn't tied to the vario, but I'm going to look into doing that, as waremark mentioned. The odd vertical thing is a G meter, by the way. The dash speaker is inop, there's a speaker in back, so that space is available. I think I'll just paint, label and maybe rearrange (thx for the suggestions, ND) the panel, and leave well enough alone... for now!

yeah man! get a label maker from staples, and get rid of unnecessary stuff. you can even fill in the holes with some glass and cut new holes in that same panel if you wanna go the low cost route.

do you use a suction cup mount to the canopy for your phone/navagation app? you may consider getting a ram mount for your phone, attach it to the panel. again, consider putting that on the far left.