Old January 31st 17, 03:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Thoughts on panel upgrade?

Phones generally are not very readable in direct sunlight. Look into a
Dell Streak 5 and load it with XCSoar (free). A quick look on eBay
finds a Streak 5
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Streak-5-M01M-GSM-5-Android-Tablet-Smartphone-Black-16GB-Unlocked-/391688090085?hash=item5b326df1e5:g:NeAAAOSwo4pYimD L
(NOT a 7) currently bid at $17.50 and fully functional. I have three of
them, one in use and two spares. They are that good!

On 1/30/2017 8:30 PM, Paul wrote:
On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 8:24:56 PM UTC-6, waremark wrote:
Not familiar with what you have got on your Android tablet - does it give you audible warnings before airspace infringement?

I'll probably use my phone, which of course has a speaker, but I don't know whether Avare (the software) has that feature - you can download it at Google Play for free, if you want to check it out.

--
Dan, 5J