Old May 24th 05, 02:54 AM
Fred Mueller

Brian Glick plays a big part in the operation of any contest at Mifflin
and operations at Mifflin are second to none thanks to his management.
He'll also tow you just about any day of the week in one of the finest
towplanes on the east coast. I thought it odd that a Cordele contest
report would gloat over numerous landouts at Mifflin. Mifflin is first
class soaring supported by a first class organization in which he
rightfully takes pride.

Other people to thank...

Iris Striedieck manages a contest so well she makes it look easy, and we
shouldn't forget that it is hard work that she does very well.

John Good kept his glider in the box all week in order to devote the
necessary energy to doing an outstanding job as CD. Charlie would be proud.

Richard Kellerman's (QV) weather briefs are the best in the business and
he educates you along the way.

There's more, but those are just a few of the notable people that made
Mifflin so great this year.

FM

Gary wrote:
Brian

The CD was not the person writing the report. I would give the CD the
benefit of the doubt because he is being quoted. The weather has been
bad everywhere the last couple of years, it makes sense that a CD would
say at a pilots meeting that they were lucky to be there at that site
for that day if the weather was good. I don't think there's going
to be a mass exodus from Mifflin to Cordele based on a comment from The
Captain being the "preferred site".

What I find puzzling is your disdain for the Captain because he may
have slighted Mifflin as you trash Cordele.

Cordele is a great soaring site with great people.

Relax -- It's just a soaring report.

Gary