Old June 5th 07, 03:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RomeoMike

Default Gliders in the Grand Canyon

Thanks for the photo. For the troll MX, what you see in this photo is
the airport with the canyon to the right and the Vermilion Cliffs to the
left. The Vermilion Cliffs are not part of the Grand Canyon. If you
would like for me to prove this further, meet me there, and I will, with
great glee, throw you off the rim into Marble Canyon, and you can
protest all the way down how stupid real pilots are.

Marty Shapiro wrote:

There is a real nice picture of Marble Canyon taken about 3 months ago
at http://airnav.com/airport/L41 It clearly shows the airport at the top
of the canyon, not in the canyon. Of course, MXmoron is too lazy to try
and look anything up. If he had, he would have also noticed that the
pictures of Cliff Dweller's Lodge and Grand Canyon Bar Ten also show them
at the top of the canyon, not in the canyon.