Old October 2nd 19, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

Default Mountain High Cannula/Mask?

On Tuesday, October 1, 2019 at 3:16:30 PM UTC-7, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
Non smoker, rather active, good health.....may be fine.
Couch potato, smoker, heart issues, etc., may be in bad shape walking in Denver, let alone flying higher....yes, I have had to run through the Denver airport from a late flight trying to catch a connecting flight.....sucked carrying a heavy bag...
YMMV......

Yes, finger probe (I believe under $100US) will basically tell you how you're doing on O2.

You can get them for $15 now, and better ones for $25.

According to tests, even the cheapest are accurate, it just comes down to build quality and extra features e.g. nice graph of your pulse depth (and numerical assessment of that), BlueTooth connection to your phone etc.

I just got an "Innovo Deluxe Fingertip Pulse Oximeter with Plethysmograph and Perfusion Index" for $26.99. I haven't used it in anger yet, but I'm planning to see what it says on my 12 hour flight from SFO to AKL tonight :-) It seems good so far.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._title_o00_s00