Old February 16th 08, 06:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
noel.wade

Default Soaring Safety

On Feb 15, 11:43 pm, tommytoyz wrote:
The main hindrance I think is most pilot's reluctance to actually
deliberately go inverted and steer from that position and without
stalling while inverted.

I'm interested in thoughts on this issue, am I nuts?

Its been proven how much lower the survival rate is for people who
haven't had spin training and get into a spin.

Do you really want to advocate that people should go into an unusual
attitude that they are neither used to nor is their glider rated for,
in a moment of confusion and stress? Can we expect them to stay
oriented? Can we expect their aircraft to perform well invertted?
Can we expect their aircraft to hold together under negative "G" loads
while invertted? (especially if this is a rough/strong day on a
mountain ridge)?

--Noel