Old September 5th 03, 05:08 AM
Jeff Franks

Default C-121 HEEELPPP!

I am attempting to have a C-121 Constellation model made for my father for
Christmas. He was an ECM operator "backender" in the mid-60's in VQ-2. He
has sent me several pictures of the Connie in the past, but only one in the
VQ-2 paint scheme as he flew them. His description and the black & white
picture he has, both show the plane as being painted VERY dark grey with
black leading edges.

This isn't the same grey as on the Early Warning birds, but charcoal. There
were no insignia's on it identifying it as NAVY, etc. There was a small
American flag on the back left side...and that was it.

Is there ANYONE out there with a better description of this plane or even
knows what I'm talking about? The picture I have came from
http://www.vpnavy.com/vq2_aircraft.html Its the top of the 2 black & white
photos of the Connie's. As you can see, its not real helpful other than to
prove that there was a "black" Connie.

VERY few people that I have emailed/spoken with will even admit that there
was a paint job like this. They want to tell me it was blue or light grey
(the standard paint schemes). I have no idea what to tell the model maker
in order to make this thing accurate. Heck he'd like it either way, but I'd
like to get it close

thanks for any help or direction.

Jeff

P.S. Dad, if your reading this, it's all a lie. I'm not getting you squat
for Christmas