Old April 16th 04, 06:41 AM
Brad Z

To generically answer your question, yes. Instrument procedures are
designed with specific considerations that we as pilots may not be privy to.
These may include terrain, navaid limitations, proximity to approaches or
DPs to/from other airports, etc.

To answer your question in context of the original poster's question,
probably not. However, nothing in part 91 or the AIM allows pilots to skip
charted PT's that are otherwise required. Basically, I don't have a problem
with it, but the Feds might, especially if there's an accident. And as
another poster mentioned, authorization from ATC in a non-vector scenario
does not grant permission to deviate from the charted procedure, even if it
makes life easier for both parties.

Is there any hazard in flying an airplane IFR with a VOR check that is 33
days old?

"Andrew Sarangan" wrote in message
. 158...
Is there any hazard in failing to do a PT when one is depicted?

"Brad Z" wrote in

I don't know. Ask them.

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
news

"Brad Z" wrote in message

Seriously though, I don't really know. Some will also suggest that
it doesn't matter if you are below radar coverage because they
can't see you.

What would they do if you were above radar coverage and they did see
you?