Old November 18th 03, 03:38 AM
Al

Scott remember Eric speaks for the little old lady division of the SSA.

Winter is here let the fun begin.

Al

"Scott Correa" wrote in message

The situations described to me were the difficulty of avoiding the cloud
entry in the first place. A pilot can open his spoilers at 90 knots and
begin descending immediately, but deploying the flaps at 90 knots first
increases your altitude, making it much harder to stay out of the cloud.
If you do lose control in a cloud, lots of drag is an advantage.

The main point I hoped to make is landings aren't the only way spoilers
and glide path flap operation differs, and one good landing isn't enough
to know the pitfalls, even for landings. I think everyone agrees the HP
series is a great ship to make off-field landings in the hands of a good
pilot.
--
-----
Replace "SPAM" with "charter" to email me directly

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA

Eric.
Good points.... But flap deployment at speed needn't cause an altitude
change.
Roll 40 or so your favorite direction, g up and put them out. Minimal
altitude gain if any.

Scott.