Old June 12th 05, 02:05 PM
Jose

Default What does REC mean on the switch?

So now we have a split landing light switch, because we have lights on
the wings too. The nose light switch says LDG which is easy enough to
decipher. The other, which controls the two forward-looking
landing-type lights on the wing tips, says REC.

Well, I'm as dumb as the next one, but if I know what the switch does, I
should be able to decypher the label.

"Reconnaissance"? (lighting up the sky looking for stray F16s)
"Record"? (imagining an Ipod in each lamp)
"Recollect"? (what you do when you stop forgetting what it stands for)
"Recover"? (turn them on if you get into an unusual attitude)

Surely it's not just whatever they had around - the label probably has
to be FAA approved, and I saw the same switch in a Sporty's video anyway.

What says the combined wisdom of the group?

Jose
--
The price of freedom is... well... freedom.