Old November 28th 06, 04:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BT

Default Get a ferry permit, or just fly it?

taking off maintenace inspection panels during a standard preflight?

Sorry boss, that step is not in the manufacturer's FAA APPROVED check list.

just how many stripped screw heads will the mechnics be replacing.

BT

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...

Newps wrote:
Paul Tomblin wrote:

If you've got a small problem with your plane, do you bother with a
ferry
permit, or do you just fly it if you think it's safe?

Fly it.

I agree. Interestingly, I was involve in an FAA "altercation" a little
while back. The C-182 that the FBO rents out got an onsite inspection
by the FSDO and failed. All of us CFIs who taught in the plane got
called to the carpet for not taknig off inspection covers before flight
(or something stupid like that). Interestingly though a few pilot who
also happen to be FAA ATC's didn't get called at all. Seems like the
FAA takes care of their own??

-Robert