Old October 1st 03, 07:43 AM

Hey I'm new here,,,gimme a break!
But, nobody ever answered the Chief's question! Just a lot of
reminising about each ones experience with hurrivacs!!! This old CWO
has plenty of sea stories, from e2 to MMCO including numerous typhoons
in westpac and 3 hurricanes in pensacola ,,,but I think I'll stick to
the topic....Typhoon/Hurricane instructions,,including step by step
instructions for each condition are NAS/NAF instructions,,,(COMFAIR
has them too,,,then each squadron has thier own in addition) If you
have access to reverse address computers (NMCI, or a navy.mil
account), you could get into some of the NAS/NAF websites that still
have instructions available online. For instance,,,here is a good
address for an instruction available online,,,but only if you have an
NMCI or legacy account..

https://ats-iis.ats.navy.mil/atsugi/...00/3140_1P.pdf

After 9-11, access to and information on navy.mil websites has
virtually dissapeared.

P.S. Pech,,,youre right!!! They just told you to go and you left us
poor groundpounders to carry out the orders in the
instructions,,including getting every flyable aircraft ready to
fly,,,stacking the hanger with nonflyables and GSE,,setting the
watch,,and ride out the storm,,with lotsa beer of course!!!! It was a
big pain in the ass when you are in charges,,but great fun as a young
E4-E6!!!

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 00:48:58 GMT, Jim Strand
wrote:

Are there any Naval instructions available online regarding the
Hurrivac sequence for aircraft?

.

ACC USN ret.
NKX, BIKF, NAB, CV-63, NIR