Old October 2nd 18, 08:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

Default Cockpit video recording -- the time is now.

I agree that filming flights would greatly help solve many of these mysteries. However, the objections to MANDATING it are valid.

I am reminded of the detailed final accident report that was issued for Balleka's accident a few years ago. He had a lot of video footage the investigators were able to sift through, which clearly showed the cause of the accident, and was very instructive for those of us who read it. I learned a lot from it. Next year I plan to film as many of my flights as possible.