Old February 24th 05, 08:35 PM
Bruce

Default Opinions on Varios

Time to start a new debate.

How do pressure transducer varios compare to traditional mechanical varios in
club use?
Can you mix and match a capacity vario and a pressure transducer vario on a
single TE probe?
Do students - please note NOT experienced pilots - find the lcd display units
easy to use, or are moving needle varios better (I know we should be using the
audio - but for the times when we want to see the climb performance the question
is still valid)

We are looking at replacing some vintage mechanical varios, and have some debate
about the advisability of needing electrical power for the vario and the
relative benefits of the Borgelt B40 and the Tasman V1000, and of course another
set of Winter mechanicals...

Being a computer type, I am biased towards the "no moving parts" V1000. So - any
views?

Bruce