Old October 1st 04, 12:10 PM
Thomas Schoene

Paul Michael Brown wrote:
I've seen fragmentary reports of a Hornet mishap while doing "touch
and goes" at Quantico recently. Sounds wrong to me. Anybody have
the gouge?

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2...004/1095702046

Date published: 9/20/2004

An F/A-18, has crashed at the end of a runway at Quantico Marine Base.

Captain Tim Taylor with Prince William County Fire and Rescue says they
received a call of the crash at the Quantico Airfield. He says that one
person was taken to Potomac Hospital.

A base spokesperson would only say that the pilot is okay and received a few
cuts and scrapes.

The pilot was doing what are called “touch and goes" when the aircraft slid
off the runway about 12:20 p.m., according to Lt. Col. Rick Long, a base
spokesman. Long said. The F/A-18 landed in a marshy, muddy area off the
north end of the runway.

The pilot was a reservist with Marine Fighter Attack Squadron 321, known as
Hell’s Angels. VMFA-321 is a detachment assigned to Andrews Air Force Base.

Long says, "As far as mishaps go, this is a minor one."

"Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when
wrong to be put right." - Senator Carl Schurz, 1872