Old December 4th 04, 12:34 AM
Matt Whiting

G.R. Patterson III wrote:

Matt Barrow wrote:

I build and sell houses that go for $200K and up. Imagine if I used that
tactic.

You allow people to live in one of your houses for a while before they decide to
buy it? That would be a demonstration of a house in exactly the same sense that
flying an aircraft is a demonstration of the plane.

I expect that what you do is allow prospective buyers to go to the house and
tour it before purchase. I would be *very* surprised to find that an aircraft
manufacturer won't allow someone to go to one of their dealers or the factory
and look at one of their planes.

Well, not quite. The essential function of a home is mostly static.
The essential function of an airplane or car is mostly dynamic. You can
evaluate a house pretty well by walking through it and looking it over.
You can't do the same with an airplane or a car.

Matt