Old April 10th 06, 09:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Aussie AOPA president reported killed in kit plane crash

by Orval Fairbairn Apr 10, 2006 at 08:15 PM

I am sure that we can count on "Skyloon" to report anything negative
about GA -- hence the name "the Destroyer".

Hmmm: "Skylune the Destroyer?"

Nah. There is no ZING to it... ;-)

Listen, my job is a difficult one, but it is important for someone to head
up the AOPA Truth Squad.

It is very odd that there would be no mention of the death of the
Australian AOPA president (in an experimental) from his American
counterpart, who finds time to quote someone who says "You are doing a
great job." (Probably because he hasn't wrecked and the tax subsidies are
still pouring in, for now.)

Plus, no mention of the TWO missing exhibits at Fun N Sun-- two more
experimental crashes.

I can be convinced to use another nickname for the Destroyer. Something
along the lines of Baghdad Bob, you know, the old Iraqi Information
Minister.