Old March 27th 15, 11:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul T[_4_]

Default German-Wings Copilot

At 16:09 26 March 2015, wrote:
I'm very much saddened to have just learned the Andreas Lubitz,

the 28-
old=
who deliberately seems to have flown the A 320 into the

mountains started
=
flying in a Glider Club (Montabaur). He was still a member and

renewed his
=
glider license in 2014 that he had since his teenage-years. If

confirmed,
=
this mass murderer is a stain on what we all believe is a

brotherhood of
et=
hical and morals-driven individuals. Using Occam's Razor, the

explanation
=
given by the French prosecutors this morning is highly likely.
I'm further troubled that this horrible act ended precisely on what

the
Fre=
nch call "Le Parcours", a much beloved mountain range that allows

fast and
=
long North-South glider flights along the French Alps. I had a

wonderful
gl=
ider vacation in Barcelonnette, a couple of km from the crash site.

This
i=
s all very sad. It must multiply the pain of the survivors of those

on
boa=
rd.

Herb

One of the most idiotic posts I have seen in a long time.
1) Not all the facts are out yet -your jumping the gun about this
young man.
2) Just because your a glider pilot does not make you whiter than
white or make you in any way any ethically or morally superior to
any other human being on this planet- indeed many glider pilots
have been complicit in the past either directly or indirectly with the
deaths of many, many more people than this. Whether you feel
these deaths were justifiable depends usually on your politics.

Personally it saddens me that mankind has not yet reached the
stage where it cannot find other resolutions than violence to sort out
differences, and can take a thing such as beautiful as flight and use
it has a method of death and destruction. One can only hope the
human race will one day grow up, before it annihilates itself.