Old December 2nd 04, 07:55 PM
Robert M. Gary

"Brinks" wrote in message ...
I'm looking at an older 182 out near Sacramento, CA. Any recommendations on
a place to do a pre-buy? Thanks!

Try Ivan Air at Exec. They seem to have a good rep. I've found
AirRepair to take a long time (i.e. charge for more hours than
others).
MainAir in Cameron Park also has a good rep.
As always, manage your A&P down to the minute. Let them know up front
the exact number of hours your are authorizing and that any additional
hours, not cleared through you, will be pro-bono. Put it in writing. I
can't think of anything more important for an aircraft owner to know.
As an owner, I don't mind spending good money for maintenance.
However, I don't like surprises and being taken advantage of.

-Robert