Old November 10th 07, 02:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew Chaplin

Default Martin Mars at Lake Elsinore #5

"SHIVER ME TIMBERS" wrote in message
Square Wheels wrote:

But according to news reports, BC did send several similar aircraft,
probably from other companies or the Canadian Forces.

I thought that Quebec sent a couple of the Canadair
215 ( radial ) or 415 ( turboprop ).

But an interesting curious question based on your comments.

Does the Canadian Forces have fire fighting aircraft.

I wasn't aware that they did.... but what do I know.

I should have been more clear on that point.

Oh I was just having a little fun too.

I can't remember just how many of the Martin Mars were built
but it was a small number I'm sure.

And I'm sure some kind sole will place the answer here...

"Kind sole"? Sounds fishy to me. :^)

Natural resources like the forests are a provincial responsibility under the
division of powers clause in the Constitution Act, 1867, so the provinces
concerned (B.C., Alberta, Ontario and Quebec) maintain fleets of firefighting
aircraft or have contractors do it for them; Ontario has nine CL-415s and
Quebec has eight CL-415s, two CL-215Ts and four CL-215Ps.

The CF have neither the role nor any firefighting capability, unless you count
Griffons hauling buckets.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO