Old January 13th 21, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gregg Ballou[_2_]

Default How Have Our Soaring Vendors Fared?

On Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 10:02:24 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 6:17:31 PM UTC-8, Gregg Ballou wrote:

I agree Fauci is beyond wrong and probably acting with malice.

I read that on QAnon too. ;-)
How a 80-year-old public servant of such long tenure and accomplishment became a boogyman to some is beyond my understanding, though I know that the loon who starred in that "Plandemic" conspiracy movie had it in for him for catching her falsifying her research decades ago - so maybe that's how it starts - malicious wingnuts.

It's not known how the vaccines affect infection and transmissibility - that is, whether they confer sterilizing immunity. There is some belief that the mRNA vaccines don't do this, but it's not been tested. The next round of vaccines are based on different technology, so they may be different - we just don't know for sure. So, obviously procedures would need to be made with this possibility in mind. It isn't clear to me that the risk of landout generates very high risks of exposure and spread, but perhaps tasking ought to be adapted to further reduce the possibility. Also retrieve procedures. In the world we hope for in the spring and summer it is reasonable to expect a manageable environment.

It's too early to know much with certainty with so many things in play. It would be nice if we could make it work this year, but if vaccine rollout is slow and public health authorities keep restrictions in place it'll be quite a difficult situation.

IMO it's best to plan for needing to mitigate against spread - then at least you have a plan.

Andy Blackburn
9B

P.S.
Back to originally scheduled thread programming from two levels of thread drift. In my boredom stuck at home I keep ordering soaring gear in the hope that one day I'll get to use it. Hopefully our soaring vendors are keeping above water.

9B

He did so great with AZT among other failures. Fly like it is 2019 or stay home.