Old December 6th 05, 03:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default (Mini-500)I want to build the most EVIL plane EVER !!!

Jerry Springer wrote:
Matt Whiting wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:

In article _jMkf.602344$_o.270005@attbi_s71,
"C.D.Damron" wrote:

"Dennis Fetters" wrote in message
. com...

If you had some real-earth experience in what you were saying, then
you
would not be saying it.

You don't have to design and market a helicopter to understand that you
should probably design and test your product adequately before
selling it.
Call me old fashioned, but that is how I think it should be done,
especially
if lives are at stake.

Maybe you "should," but if that were the business model prevalent in
the real world today, Microsoft wouldn't be who they are. Imagine a
product or service that needs to be "patched' every three days or so
being successful in the market place. Utterly incomprehensible to Mac
users and other men of proper wit. Snake oil goes by a lot of
different monikers in different industries, but it isn't likely to be
pulled off the shelves any time soon. Caveat Emptor.

While I have the virtual floor, I'll add that I don't know anything
about Mr. Fetters or his products, but since neither he nor his
detractors seem able to discuss the issues like gentlemen, I put
little credence in anything said here on this topic. That's
unfortunate, because while I might have learned something interesting
if not useful, all I've gained is another confirmation that flared
nostrils do not win friends and influence people.

I'm in the same boat as you. I know little about Dennis or his
helicopter(s). I know little about his detractors here. However,
just from reading the diatribes that crop up here every two years, I
personally think that Dennis comes across at least as credible as his
detractors. Most seem to just foam at the mouth a lot and make
accusations that they can't back up when he calls their bluff. It
tends to be entertaining for about five posts and then is just stupid.

Matt

Wow to bad you can't ask the dead people what they think!!!! Do the
research on the accidents in the FAA accident data base. Read the
reports on how the engine was abused. don't expect other people to
do the research for you.

I have no need to as I have no interest in the mini-500. I just get
tired of the prolonged rants that occur here every year or two. Both
sides come across pretty poorly and I was simply observing that.

Matt